We are excited to begin our search for a Backend Engineer with DevOps experience to join our mission to pioneer the future of financial services. We seek a tech-savvy, forward-thinking, cloud-passionate team player to join our team on our journey to create the banking services of the future. We search for someone with a customer centric mind, a quick learner who is comfortable with taking initiative. But most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to be in it to win it as a team!
What you will do
Needless to say your responsibility will most probably change over time since we constantly are developing our business. But to start with, here are a few things that that we would really like you to do:
- Work with our backend stack and contribute to the team by developing our services
- Ensure consistent and high-quality builds
- Requesting and setting up new environments with infrastructure services in Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Ensure you never do boring tasks since you will automate them, e.g. ensure automatic deployments
- Working with software architecture teams directly to engineer highly available and scalable cloud infrastructure setups
What we will need from you
We realize you might not have everything on our wish-list but we think that you have a few years of experience in a variety of positions working with Java backend development and DevOps. The position requires knowledge, interest and experience in performing the following:
Key ingredients to succed in this role
- Good knowledge and experience from working with Java, Git and Maven. These are the only three must-haves 😊
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery platforms such as GitLab and Sonarqube.
- Experience in developing Maven plugins is a big plus
- Proven ability to work with software engineering and DevOps teams applying agile and continuous delivery methods and understand complex development systems, environments and patterns
- Experience or interest in performance testing along with proven track-record of improving quality
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Big plus if you
- Are interested in security related matters
- Are familiar with Gigaspaces XAP
- Have contributed in an Open Source project
What do you get in return?
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the SEBx journey at an early stage. Your knowledge and personal drive is key for SEBx to grow, scale and succeed. Together with the SEBx team you will develop the business, not only from a technical perspective, but also from a customer perspective. You will also get the chance to work with outstanding colleagues (which in itself should be a taxable benefit, but it’s not:). We are looking forward to your application!