Data Analyst - Banking as a Service at SEBx
Do you want to be part of building the next generation of financial services? We are on the hunt for a tech-savvy, visionary and innovative Data Analyst to join our Insights team in building on our Banking as a Service Platform. We are building an organization and culture of highly autonomous product teams with the innovation power to give our customers the future of banking. We are looking for someone who is up for the challenge of using data and user insights to transform the banking industry, by finding answers to problems we did not even know we had.
About the team
You are part of a team that consists of one Tech Lead, two Data Engineers, one Data Scientist and all of you are led by the Engineering Manager of Insights. Together you work towards to implement a solid data driven way of working and work cross functional throughout the organization.
What you’ll do
We are on an exciting journey of growth, so of course your tasks will most definitely change as the business develops. But to start with your main responsibilities will be:
- Seek ways to visualize the data, explore new business models and raise the capability of the business
- Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions and gain actionable insights
- Take ownership and maintain data models
- Champion data driven decisions that engage the customers, build trust and increase safety
Our tech stack is fully on GCP, where we use BigQuery as our data warehouse and Looker as our data exploration and visualization tool. Our data pipelines are built using Kafka, Apache Airflow and Apache Beam with dbt as a tool for modeling data.
Who you are
You may not be a match for everything on the list, but to be a successful candidate for the position, you have most likely some experience within the big data field. This position requires knowledge, interest and experience in performing some of the following:
- Experience working in the financial industry
- A innovative and nothing-is-impossible attitude regarding how data can be used to enhance the business
- Experience with SQL, Python or R
- Experience in working with data in a fast-faced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and data are key to succeed
- Experience working with a data modeling tool such as dbt
- Experience in working with visualization tools (Looker, QlikView or similar)
We see that you are a communicative team player that has a growth mindset and who gets highly motivated to deliver value for the business.
What do you get in return
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting initiative that is extraordinary in its purpose and setup. A 160 year old bank with the mission to stay relevant for another 160 years. Your knowledge, personality and drive will be key for SEBx to succeed. You will join this journey early and will have the opportunity to influence the culture and WoW. We offer you the best from both the scale-up world and the big bank. Autonomy, speed and flexibility of a startup. Experience, safety and long term thinking of an incumbent bank. We offer a competitive compensation package with great pension and overall bank benefits!