DevOps Engineer - SEBx
We are excited to open up a position for a DevOps Engineer to join us in our mission to pioneer the future of financial services! We are seeking a tech-savvy, forward-thinking, cloud-passionate team player, who is not afraid of exploring the unknown and wants to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We are looking for a quick learner who is comfortable with taking initiative and digging into details. But most importantly - we are looking for someone who wants to be in it to win it as a team!
What we are all about
We work entirely on Google Cloud Platform, leveraging a few key tools including in-memory grid computing and gRPC technology to build a large-scale, high-performance system. We are building not only the systems, but the practices, policies, processes and tools to create and support them as a financial institution of the future. We focus on best practice for continuous integration and continuous deployment, as well as monitoring using real-time analytics.
In the Platform Engineering team we not only expect system failures, we embrace them for the learning opportunities they present. Building reliable systems and empowering the development is one of the core pillars of the team. We work closely with the development team to provision and maintain a reliable, secure and efficient ecosystem for running the workloads.
The definition of done for a development artifact includes metrics and alerts to help the Platform Engineering team detect and mitigate incidents before they happen. Transparency within and across teams is key to our success.
What you will do
Keeping in mind that your responsibilities evolve over time as we are constantly developing our business and improving our ways of working, some of the tasks we expect you to take responsibility for are:
- Defining, improving and maintaining a cloud-based environment running numerous microservices
- Configure, improve and maintain CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, Nexus)
- Design and deploy infrastructure as code for reusability and immutability (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Implement and deploy compliance as code, ensuring regulatory controls are automated
- Respond to alerts and incidents, providing real-time support and conducting blameless postmortems
- Empower developers by designing secure and reliable systems for rapid deployment
What we need from you
The skills you’ll need to bring to the table are varied. They comprise both technical skills and experience as well as team spirit, communication skills, and strategic thinking. Below we list some of the critical skills we’re looking for, and some adjacent ones that will prove useful.
Key ingredients to succeed in this role
- A strong focus on systems reliability with monitoring, alerting, incident handling
- A mindset for automating everything that can be automated
- 2+ years of experience in running Java applications in Linux environments in a distributed environment
- Hands-on experience with container technologies and container orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of distributed logging/metrics systems (e.g., ELK, InfluxDB, Chronograph, Grafana)
- Strong communication skills, fluency in English is a pre-requirement
- Exposure to cloud platforms, preferable Google Cloud Platform
- Exposure towards Software development, understanding the basics
What we offer
In sum, we offer a unique setting, combining the stability of an established organization (including all the perks and benefits:) with the opportunities of a start-up inspired venture, new tech and an innovative culture where we thrive together as a team, Other than that, you’ll get:
- A great benefits package from a collective bargaining deal in SEB
- An open-minded, collaborative culture that wants you to succeed!
If you are up for a challenge and you are on the hunt for the opportunity to really make a mark in an industry going through a massive transformation. Then, this is the role you have been waiting for! We review applications on a regular basis, apply today!