We are excited to begin our search for a Junior Backend Engineer to join our mission to pioneer the future of financial services. We seek a tech-savvy, forward-thinking, eager-to-learn team player to join our team on our journey to create the banking services of the future. We search for someone with a customer centric mind, a quick learner who is comfortable with taking initiative. But most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to be in it to win it as a team!
What you will do
Needless to say your responsibility will most probably change over time since we constantly are developing our business. But to start with, here are a few things that that we would really like you to do:
- Work with our backend stack and contribute to the team by developing our services
- Ensure consistent and high-quality builds
- Requesting and setting up new environments with infrastructure services in Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Ensure you never do boring tasks since you will automate them, e.g. ensure automatic deployments
- Working with software architecture teams directly to engineer highly available and scalable cloud infrastructure setups
What we will need from you
We are looking for junior developers, so for this position - the experience is not the only thing that matters. We are looking for junior developers with ambitious personalities and drive in addition to some experience in working with Java backend Development. We think that you have knowledge, interest and experience in performing the following:
- Knowledge and experience from working with Java, Git and Maven. These are the only three must-haves
- Experience in developing Maven plugins
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Big plus if you
- Are interested in security related matters
- Have contributed in an Open Source project
What do you get in return?
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the SEBx journey at an early stage. Your knowledge and personal drive is key for SEBx to grow, scale and succeed. This is a unique opportunity to learn and develop your Backend Developer skillset and to grow as a professional with us. Together with the SEBx team you will develop the business, not only from a technical perspective, but also from a customer perspective. You will also get the chance to work with outstanding colleagues (which in itself should be a taxable benefit, but it’s not:). We are looking forward to your application!