We are ridiculously excited to announce that we have an open position for our first Legal Counsel to support and enable our product and business development on a variety of legal and regulatory matters. Do you see obstacles as exciting challenges and ways to improve? Are you enjoying exploring unchartered areas outside your area of legal expertise? Do you have a genuine interest in data privacy? If you, on top of that, are a true team-player who always are in it to win it as a team – continue reading. Please.
What you will do
Of course, your responsibilities will most definitely change as the business develops. Because it really does. All the time, very fast. But to start with, here are some things we really would like you to take lead on:
• Have the umbrella perspective of the current and future legal context that the business operates in and advice the team in short- and long-term priorities
• Drive the data protection strategy to ensure high level standard on data privacy
• Taking the operational lead on compliance with the GDPR and other relevant privacy requirements, e.g. the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments and other privacy risk assessments to assess the impact of proposed changes to business processes and agree on appropriate mitigating actions with Business Analysts
• Work closely with business, design and data domains to identify and consult on legal risks and questions connected to development of new products and processes
• Work closely with the marketing & communication team to identify and consult on legal risks and questions, e.g. marketing automation and data privacy
• Develop and draft customer facing legal information such as privacy policies and product agreements
We are looking for someone that can identify with the majority of the following:
• 3+ years of experience as a lawyer advising within financial services or leading law firm with excellent credentials
• Strong experience in advising clients across a broad range of areas including Financial Services, Data Privacy and Information Technology
• Strong customer orientation and analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgement, even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Thrives working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you see every day as a possibility to explore and develop your skills
So, if you are up for a true challenge, have most of the skills we are looking for and you are on the hunt for the opportunity to really make a mark in an industry going through a massive transformation. Then, this is the role you have been waiting for!