Legal Counsel - SEBx
We are ridiculously excited to announce that we have an open position for another Legal Counsel at SEBx to support and enable our product and business development in a variety of legal and regulatory matters. Do you have a genuine interest in data privacy? Do you prefer riding the roller-coaster rather than the merry-go-round at the amusement park? If you on top of that are a true team-player who always are in it for the win – continue reading!
What you will do
Your responsibilities will most definitely change as the business develops. Because it really does. All the time, very fast. But to start with, here are some things we really would like you to take lead on:
- Support operationally in compliance with privacy and GDPR related matters such as Data Protection Impact Assessments, Transfer Impact Assessments and other privacy risk assessments related to current business process or changes to them.
- Draft, assess and negotiate B2B and B2C agreements (distributor agreements, end customer agreements, SaaS agreements etc.) as well as customer facing legal information such as privacy policies, cookie banners and product agreements.
- Assess new business processes, products and services from a general legal point of view where you will help the business in navigating the legal landscape by suggesting practical and appropriate actions.
- Work closely with business, design and data domains to identify and consult on legal risks and questions connected to development of new products and processes.
- Assist the marketing & communication team to identify and consult on legal risks and questions, e.g. marketing automation and data privacy.
- Support our SEBx Legal Lead in a variety of legal and regulatory matters (Outsourcing, PSD2, AML, KYC, general banking/financial regulatory matters).
- Be part of the Vendor, Risk and Finance Team who will be your closest allies in the day-to-day work.
We are looking for someone that can identify with the majority of the following:
- 3+ years of experience at a Swedish law firm working with legal matters related to privacy, commercial agreements and marketing. Experience related to the financial sector is particularly meriting.
- Strong experience in advising clients across a broad range of areas including Financial Services, Data Privacy, IT, SaaS and anything cloud related.
- Team player with the mindset of being part of the journey of a scale-up where you enjoy that no day is the be like the other.
- Strong customer orientation and analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgement, even in ambiguous situations.
- Detailed oriented with great skills in administration.
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams with an ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Thrive to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you see every day as a possibility to explore and develop your skills.
What you will get
In sum, we offer a unique setting, combining the stability of an established organization (including all the perks and benefits:) with the opportunities of a start-up inspired venture (new tech, an innovative culture where we thrive together as a team, Other than that, you’ll get:
- A great benefits package from a collective bargaining deal in SEB
- An open-minded, collaborative culture that wants you to succeed!
If you are up for a true challenge, have most of the skills we are looking for and you are on the hunt for the opportunity to really make a mark in an industry going through a massive transformation. Then, this is the role you have been waiting for! We review applications on a regular basis so apply today!