We are excited to begin our search for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join us in our mission to pioneer the future of financial services. We are seeking a tech-savvy, forward-thinking, cloud-passionate team player; someone with a customer centric mind. We need a quick learner who is comfortable with taking initiative, thinking strategically about the big picture, and yet digging into details and getting their hands dirty. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to be in it to win it as a team!
What we are all about
We work entirely on Google Cloud Platform, leveraging a few key tools including the Gigaspaces XAP in-memory grid and gRPC technology to build a large-scale, high-performance system. We are building not only the systems, but the practices, policies and tools to create and support them as a financial institution of the future. We focus on best practice for continuous integration and continuous deployment, as well as monitoring through the use of real-time analytics.
What you will do
Keeping in mind that everyone’s responsibilities evolve over time as we are constantly developing our business and improving our ways of working, the key tasks we see for the technical leader of quality assurance engineering, are:
• Ensure automated testing becomes an intrinsic part of our process
• Take lead, and be hands on, in creating and structuring the quality infrastructure
• Define, orchestrate, prioritize, communicate, lead and execute on test activities
• Advise the technical management team on necessary tests, proper organization for tests, and suitable tools for achieving efficient and comprehensive views of quality
• Regularly communicate quality issues to the broader team
• Mentor developers, ad hoc testers and future quality assurance engineers to achieve high quality test cases
• Use your increasing knowledge of the systems technical aspects and business logic to build test cases
What we need from you
The skills you’ll need to bring to the table are varied. They comprise both technical skills and experience as well as team spirit, communication skills, and strategic thinking. Below we list some of the critical skills we’re looking for, and some adjacent ones that will prove useful. As a technical leader, however, we’re also looking for advice from you in these areas and in defining critical skills.
Key ingredients to succed in this role
• Practical experience using Linux and Java
• Hands-on use of typical QA tools for API and Java environments, e.g., Cucumber and/or Jmeter
• At least 5 years experience in a QA related role, partly spent in leadership position
• Theoretical and practical background in performance and scalability testing
• Examples of cases where you’ve built test data for complex systems
• Strong communication skills, including English language
• Exposure to cloud platforms, especially Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with the complete quality process and design considerations
• Experience or interest in the financial industry
Whats in it for you
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the SEBx journey from its early stages, and to help drive its success. As an employee of SEB working in SEBx, you enjoy the best of both environments – benefits typical of a bank concerning pension, vacation, education resources, and the atmosphere and working environment of a fintech. However, we believe that the biggest benefit is to be part of something special working in an outstanding team with great colleagues, striving to transform banking together.