Senior Backend Developer - UNQUO
Building the next generation of financial services requires a tech-savvy and hungry tech team. That’s why SEBx is currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us build the best possible team and tech stack that will take our first venture, UNQUO, to the next level. This is a possibility to operate at the very forefront of the financial industry, at the intersection of start-up and big business, working with open source and cloud native technologies. We are looking for someone who wants to play an important role in building the backend powering the next generation of financial services for the self employed. But above all, we search for a senior developer who is in it to win it as a team.
SEBx is an autonomous part within SEB with the mission to challenge and explore both new technologies and new business opportunities. With this mission we challenge the conventional way of building financial services and even what a financial service is in itself. We are breaking ground into the future of the financial industry.
Our product UNQUO is a new financial app for the self employed, the solopreneurs of society. It has just exited the beta stage and is powered by SEBx Banking-as-a-Service offering. Our next challenge is to make it the go-to financial service for aspiring and seasoned solopreneurs.
What you will be part of
We are an organization that constantly adapts to our ever changing customer needs and technical landscape, always for the better. Even if change is part of our everyday business, we lean steady on a few cultural core pillars that we would like you to be part of:
- Developing and maintaining a scalable distributed platform for connecting financial services with users.
- Work in an autonomous cross-functional product team with a clear product/service portfolio.
- Full life cycle management for the product/service portfolio of UNQUO.
- Constantly evaluate emerging technologies and services to stay relevant in our offering
- Drive innovation through technology and work with our product people to improve our platform, all in a dynamic environment where changes and new paths is a part of the day-to-day work.
What we will need from you
While we realize no candidate completely fits a profile, we think that you have most likely been working as a back end developer for five years or more, and you have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and drive to learn and build new things.
We believe you:
- Have experience working with distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Thrive in an environment where knowledge sharing and mentoring is a natural part of day to day work
- Have experience from Java and Spring Boot framework or other DI frameworks and NoSql
- Have experience from Kafka, JUnit, Maven and Mockito
- Have experience in working with Docker, Kubernetes
- Have seen the advantages of Continuous Delivery and know the means and tools to get there.
It would be meritorious to also be familiar with some of the following:
- Fault tolerance frameworks using Hystrix or similar
- Security related technologies like OAuth2, XACML etc.
- Metrics using the Influx suite and/or Grafana
- Remote method technologies. Our tech stack is fully GCP, with services mainly built in Java 11 and Java 17. We are using gRPC internally and moving to exposing RestAPI externally.
What you get in return
Together with our team, you will play a central part in developing and building our product and develop its technology. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting initiative that is extraordinary in its purpose and setup. A 160 year old bank with the mission to stay relevant for another 160 years. Your knowledge, personality and drive will be key for SEBx & UNQUO to succeed. We offer you the best from both the scale-up world and the big bank. Autonomy, speed and flexibility of a startup. Experience, safety and long term thinking of an incumbent bank. We offer a competitive compensation package with great pension and overall bank benefits!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!