We are excited to open up a position for a Site Reliability Engineer to join us in our mission to pioneer the future of financial services! We are seeking for a tech-savvy, forward-thinking, cloud-passionate team player, who is not afraid of exploring the unknown and want to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We are looking for a quick learner who is comfortable with taking initiative and digging into details. But most importantly - we are looking for someone who wants to be in it to win it as a team!
What we are all about
We work entirely on Google Cloud Platform, leveraging a few key tools including in-memory grid computing and gRPC technology to build a large-scale, high-performance system. We are building not only the systems, but the practices, policies, processes and tools to create and support them as a financial institution of the future. We focus on best practice for continuous integration and continuous deployment, as well as monitoring using real-time analytics.
In the Site Reliability Engineering team we not only expect system failures, we embrace them for the learning opportunities they present. Building reliable systems and empowering the development is one of the core pillars of the team. We work closely with the development team to provision and maintain a reliable, secure and efficient ecosystem for running the workloads.
The definition of done for a development artifact includes metrics and alerts to help the Site Reliability Engineering team detect and mitigate incidents before they happen. Transparency within and across teams is key to our success.
What you will do
Keeping in mind that your responsibilities evolve over time as we are constantly developing our business and improving our ways of working, some of the tasks we expect you to take responsibility for are:
• Defining, improving and maintaining a cloud-based environment running numerous microservices
• Configure, improve and maintain CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, Nexus)
• Design and deploy infrastructure as code for reusability and immutability (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
• Respond to alerts and incidents, providing real-time support and conducting blameless postmortems
• Empower developers by designing secure and reliable systems for rapid deployment
What we need from you
The skills you’ll need to bring to the table are varied. They comprise both technical skills and experience as well as team spirit, communication skills, and strategic thinking. Below we list some of the critical skills we’re looking for, and some adjacent ones that will prove useful.
Key ingredients to succeed in this role
• A strong focus on systems reliability with monitoring, alerting, incident handling
• A mindset for automating everything that can be automated
• 2+ years of experience in running Java applications in Linux environments in a distributed environment
• Knowledge of distributed logging/metrics systems (e.g., ELK, InfluxDB, Chronograph, Grafana)
• Strong communication skills, fluency in English is a pre-requirement
• Experience or interest in the financial industry
• Experience running enterprise systems in a distributed environment with the JVM (Java Virtual Machine)
What we offer
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the SEBx journey from its early stages, and to help drive its success. As an employee of SEB working in SEBx, you enjoy the best of both environments – benefits typical of a bank concerning pension, vacation, education resources, and the atmosphere and working environment of a fintech in a dynamic and fun environment together with a bunch of very talented people. We believe that, working together with outstanding colleagues, we can transform banking from the inside out.